Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Crabs and Tides

Talk Shu, TALK! You are once again withdrawing into that shell of yours, which you love so much to reside in.

4 days of holidays later, I am ready to go to work. I must say it was a much welcome break. I caught up on sleep, movies and family time. We even a got the chance to take a road trip out of the state to visit a famous zoo and climb a mountain! The zoo was really depressing, with a few unfortunate animals, badly fed, poorly looked after and dazed by the summer's heat. The mountain was worth the climb.

The Future has been bugging me lately. I'm acutely aware that the years are piling on me. I have to think of savings, studies and settling down; though right now, nothing seems to be working out. Savings are hard to accumilate with this lifestyle. Studies need finances and informed choices to be made. Settling down, well, I don't feel ready to trust my life with a mate yet.

Left with a few hundred bucks for the month, I went and purchased a book today, recommend by a friend. "Eat, Pray, Love" - will be my latest story book. I did not get a chance to watch the movie yet. Maybe it is a good thing that I found the original book first.

It's been exactly an year, from the day I left my old life behind and took a leap into the unknown. All in all, I must say, it worked out pretty well during the last year. I have many to thank for helping me get back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment