Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

An apple a day

I have been trying to keep this blog going, by adding my thoughts as often as I can. I must say, that I'm almost addicted to coming here and writing something each day. Throughout the day, I get good ideas and come up with interesting things to write about as I go about my daily activities and observe things and people. Most of them are forgotten by the time I actually get the time to type. What a shame! It is just like how I get the most creative ideas flowing out of my brain when I'm in bed about to fall asleep. That is when I compile the best essays, the best speeches and the best stories. That is also when I wish I had a pen or my netbook to capture some of those golden thoughts. Unfortunately, as I debate internally whether to get up or not, I've fallen asleep to wake up the next day blank.

This writing business has helped me to express parts of my character that I would usually not make known openly. And in writing, I am getting to know more about my own self as as read back what I blog. I have also come to learn that writing and expressing my thoughts is one of the best coping skills there is for me, when my mind is troubled or simply overwhelmed.

As a child I had great imagination and creative writing was a breeze in primary school. Teachers liked my creativity and encouraged it. However, as I got older, my imagination didn't mature proportionately. I struggled with organising structures of essays and expressing thoughts. I didn't read books as often as my peers and soon I was lagging in class in the subject of English. I was never able to score over 60% with my O/L teacher. And true enough, I ended up with a "C" for my O/L English and I was pretty torn apart about it, eventhough it was the only bad grade I had and everything else were A's and B's. So it's taken all this while to get over that failing thought and believe in myself enough to write.

Thanks, to a couple of people who have encouraged me to write more often! :)

Family duties, got to go now...

No comments:

Post a Comment