Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

I Live.I Ride.I Am

I took the ride of my life today. And we made it home safely in two intact individual pieces. Phew.

I agreed to visit a mall with a friend to catch a movie. The original plan was that I would drive her to the mall in my Jeep. This was a comforting thought to me, as today would be the first day I am driving alone on the high speed highways (all these days I have been driving slowly and comfortably in my neighborhood). And I would have someone sitting beside me to make sure I dont miss out certain things on the road that I should be observant about and to make sure I don't crash onto any other vehicles. I was planning to be introduced to the high speed highways, slowly and gradually. But do things ever turn out the way to you plan them? Mostly, NO. I ended up following her car closely behind all the way to the mall and back home. It felt like being thrown into a pit of alligators to fend on your own. She drives like a crazy maniac and I had to keep up to make sure I dont get lost. I heard myself curse in bad language a couple of times. I have never driven so fast, not even with another passenger. At the end of it all though, it felt dangerously thrilling!

I watched Expendables. What a sorry excuse for a movie! It felt so lame with too much of testosterone, bad dialogues, over-acting and so much predictability. Halfway through the movie, it seemed like they killed so many people and did so much of damage to the town, just to save a girl. But it turned out, it was not even for her. BOOOOOOOO.

I LOVE GLEE. I think it is one of the best TV series they have come up in recent years. It is a good example of real talent in music, acting and dance. The series also does a great job in reviving golden oldies, which otherwise, we would never hear these days. Some performances give me the goose bumps! I've watched the first season countless times and watched certain performances over and over. I will wait till season 2 is completely over, so then I can get all of it at once and watch it back to back, rather than wait for a week impatiently.

After a long day, Shu deserves a good night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment