Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sweet Chariot

"Chariot, when you and I are One, we got places to go to!"

Today I drove from work to home for the first time after getting my driver's license. It was a nerve-wracking experience. I felt the blood start to circulate only after I reached home. But it's all cool, and its progress. Soon I will be at home on the roads, driving just like most road maniacs.

Having a vehicle is like having a child. Constant worries occur when strange noises are heard, or parts fall off or mechanisms fail. Those result in visits to the "doctor", which are in no way cheap. You have to keep it clean regularly with washes and one learns that no one loves your vehicle as much as you do and they don't think twice about littering inside your vehicle. People talk to you about how well their "children" do petrol, just like how mums boast about their kids.

After 5 years, Self-esteem has decided to make a slow but steady come-back.

No comments:

Post a Comment