Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

High Flyer

As I blog, my nephew's blue elephant (soft toy) is staring right at me. He reminds me of the Ruffles potato crisps because of the pattern on the material.

Today was an interesting day! I was running to catch my transport to office and while I was running past the lobby, a colourful paper caught the corner of my eye. I inched closer to see what it was about. And to my excitement it was a FLYER! Not just any flyer, it was advertising music classes of the sort I've being dying to follow, and in my neighbourhood! It kinda made my day special. I'm still excited about it, even though it lost its effect a bit when I got a strict warning from the office about taking leave irresponsibly with not enough notice, but enough about that! So if all goes well, I should be able to start in October, when I presume my finances will be better.

I know I have it in me to be able to progress in my musical hobby, all I lack is the confidence in myself and the lack of perserverance. Let's give this another shot, shall we?

And the moral of that story is to keep your eyes open at all times, you'll never know what new chances the wind will blow in...

Young adulthood is when we take the first few steps for most big choices of the future, like education, career, family, etc. The choices we make now will have compound effects in 10 years time. The challenges we face now will shape how we handle similar or bigger challenges of the future. How wisely we spend our time now will determine the quality of life we will have when we are older. How well we treat ourselves now will guarantee how our mentality will be there to see us through our moments of darkness. Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment