Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

NUMB3RS

I like numbers.

Last Saturday morning, after class, driving back home, annoyed with the usual radio stations I listen to, I switched to a random channel.

A song I've never heard before started playing. It made me grin (like a Royal idiot, of course, but I didn't mind) all the way home. A truly happy song. Love at first tune. I didn't care for the lyrics, the music and his high pitch voice, did the trick! So I memorised one line "my heart beats like a drum" and frantically searched for it on Youtube as soon as I got home! I have listened to it nearly 100 times since (talk about borderline OCD!).

Evening time. My girl friends made sudden plans to meet at a mall (yes, I know, sounds soooo girly). What to do, they are not the outdoor type!!!  While I really enjoy their company, I have to put up with ALOT of window shopping and wasting away time browsing through things I won't spend my cash on! But I did get the chance to see some beautiful outdoor scenes just outside the mall.



So yeah, back to my story...

After coffee, and MORE loitering in shops, it was time for the movie. I really really REALLY wanted to watch The King's Speech but they had all watched it. I was nearly tempted to ask them to go ahead watch whatever they liked and that I can go watch The King's Speech on the other side of the hall and we could meet up afterwards. I have no issues watching movies alone, but it would not have been polite in this case. So we all settled for No Strings Attached. Ashton Kutcher being the King of all things lame and cheesy, I KNEW the end to the movie before I saw it! Surprisingly enough, it was funny and more entertaining than I thought. The hot and steamy scenes were completely removed (thanks to local censorship boards) that it took awhile to piece together the plot in a couple of places in the movie since chunks of the storyline were missing! In the end, as predicted, the girl and the guy get back together for the umpteenth time. We were led to believe that this was the last time (going by the credits that started to roll on the side of the screen). I always like to sit until all the credits of a movie have passed, in hopes of catching a glimpse of special short scenes...

There were few of them. AND, a familiar song played at the end (IT WAS THAT SONG!!!).

My eyes popped out, jawed dropped, etc. No *Beep Beep* WAY!!! Needless to say, I was grinning for most of the evening too...

Hmmmm, what exactly are the odds of THAT happening??

"Rhythm of Love" by Plain White T's

No comments:

Post a Comment