Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Big Dipper, small dipper

Perceptions keep changing all the time...

Work tomorrow.... it's laying-off season. Lost a good person last week. He was probably the only mentor I had at work and one of the best I've known. He will be dearly missed.

I hate ironing clothes. Today, I had to iron my nephew's school uniform for the first time. That felt strangely emotional. I realised I was old, as I ironed his little red checked shirt and shorts. The other day, his mother had a night out (much deserved, of course). The usual plan is for me to sleep next to him, once he has been put to sleep by his mother. So he *thinks* it's his mother and won't create any drama when he wakes up (partially) in the night and rolls back to sleep.  Sure, I have to sleep like a bird, waking every hour for every sneeze he has, but it works well, and he fell for it 2 times in a row!!!

Much like this scenario:

Let's see what this week unravels...




1 comment:

  1. I think you'll look very fetching in a panda suit. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete