Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The power of songs

With songs, I can ALWAYS find one that nearly (or sometimes perfectly) expresses the type of emotion I am going through at any given moment in time. It happens so that some singer/song writer was thinking the same thing in one of his/her songs. Yes, it makes life easy for those who can't figure out their own emotions and helps some express their emotions with an artistic twist.

Been having alot of things to blog about so during the day, I noted them on a post it, and in the evening, I forgot about it and left it inside a book inside the Jeep. Way to go, Shuri! Now, those things will have to wait.

The song below has some ridiculous, immature lyrics. But having said that, I really do like the tune of this song!

I'd catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah) - I think he has watched too many movies, in any case, I don't think she expects him to catch a grenade for her. And not like it would save anyone's life if both were roughly standing on the same spot.
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah) - looks like this guy wants the girl to look after him when he is handicapped and unable to use his hands, Ooo-Kayy
I'd jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah) - BUT WHY?? Maybe, if you were trying to save a cow or an elephant on the rail track, it can be considered noble.
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah) - knock yourself some common sense, perhaps??
Oh, oh, I would go through all of this pain,
Take a bullet straight through my brain! - So he wants to leave her with an emotional and social scar, after he makes a dramatic exit?
Yes, I would die for ya, baby,
But you won't do the same. (I say this girl is smarter than the guy)

Disclaimer: No disrespect is intended to the singer. I think he has a alot of singing talent and potential.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahah can I just say I'm LOVING your cute comments by the side? (:

    On that note, I think it's also interesting how the same song can mean different things to us at different points in our lives. Because song lyrics essentially are poems, which can be interpreted in different ways. In my opinion that is.

    -s

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I didn't give it so much thought. This must be what I am feeling now, RATIONAL/ LOGICAL. But yes, in some other circumstance, I'd find this very admirable or romantic ... hehe... funny how subjective the world can be.

    ReplyDelete