Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Let's burn this place down

The last month of 2010! Didn't realise how fast this year flew by.

Haven't really blogged lately, not for lack of ideas, but more for lack of motivation.

Food and Sleep are like a religion to Shu. I surprise myself at how angry, violent and irrational I can get when I am food-deprived or sleep-deprived. On the topic of annoying things, I also get super angry at people who keep me waiting and people who give false promises that they can't deliver. Let's analyse. Regarding the sense of punctuality, it is understandable that sometimes people get late due to unforeseen circumstances, so I can live with isolated cases like that. What really gets me though are selfish people who DONT realise the value of another's time and get late ALL the time, like nothing's wrong with that. They don't even FEEL bad about it and that's twisted. About people over-promising and under-delivering, there is an idiot who has talked about giving me an entire season of Big Bang Theory for many months now. (Let's not touch the topic of illegally distributed media here). All talk and no action. Fine, if you can't keep your word for whatever reason (dementia, amnesia, retardedness, laziness, etc), but INFORMING would be nice.

More on annoying things, I have 4 days off, including the weekend. I was so looking forward to a nice relaxed weekend, to catch up on my things. For 2 days now, I've been dragged into pointless family outings. Outings where HOURS are spent on walking around buying nothing or overspending. On top of that, being called for one thing or the other every few minutes that I am TRYING to do some work at home. ARGHHHH.

We are almost ready to visit the home country. NOT looking forward to it. Suitcases and bags from shopping trips are thrown on the bed, to be sorted in the next few days. It is always an expensive affair to go home during the festive season and fulfill expectations of gifts/presents from "abroad" for relatives, family friends and neighbours (some of whom we don't know OR like). The irony of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment