Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Birthday Party

This weekend is all about making my nephew's 3rd birthday party a success!

I am his only super-cool aunt so it is my pleasure to do all I can to make this one memorable. Plus, living with him in the past one year, I've come to somewhat like him, and as naughty and impossible as he is sometimes, he is a good kid (as opposed to an evil, wicked and cunning kid). We have a special relationship. I don't spoil him or tolerate his tantrums. I don't even play with him too much. He is not clingy towards me. He does not act spoilt when I am around. He likes to hang out with me to do things like going for a drive in the Jeep, holding my hand when he is crossing a road, doing laundry or playing the violin with me.

His mother, has been planning and preparing for this party for MONTHS. For the most part, I've ignored her plans in the early months since I knew these plans were subject to many changes (and yes, the final plan for tomorrow is very much different from the initial ideas). But she's a star, and she's got everything perfected, mapped, listed and under-control (and I stress, under CONTROL!!).

I am usually family-friendly on weekends. On weekdays, I am self-centered, bitter and anti-human. So today, I've been able to put in alot of manpower to clean, cut and chop ingredients for the many delicious dishes and desserts that will be prepared, under the supervision of the Head Chef, my sis. I have no issues with working as directed by her since she cooks REALLY WELL, and for siblings, we do get on quite well. We find a near-perfect equilibrium as she likes to be bossy and mother-like and I like to be showered with attention, spoilt and treated like a child (yes, I know that does not sound normal). Also this year, I am more useful in being the chauffeur and errand-runner. In previous years, my sis had to literally run the whole show, in addition to being the only driver in the house. I think our mom did a good job in raising us to be independent.

So tomorrow is the big day. Venue to be decorated, signages to be hung, food, cake and helium balloons to be collected, photos to be taken, ushering to be done, kids to be entertained, certain guests to be dropped after the party, cleaning up, going to work the next morning .... brrrr.... it's going to be F.U.N.

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWW that sounds so FUN!! Wish I could be there.. I'm sure it'll turn out awesome. Looking forward to pics of the little ones! (:

    ReplyDelete