Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Anger Management

Oh wow... time for a blog!!

This short absence from blogging has mostly been because I have been learning to deal with several difficult people the past few weeks. Usually at the face of a conflict, I sweep the issues under the rug or simply run away. Man, I really need to grow some reinforcements and face it early before things turn into volcanic eruptions!

My blog is also my outlet for venting out; I have to let it out somewhere, or it can be catastrophic with many fatalities! It takes a lot to make me angry, but when someone or something has gone beyond my good-willed tolerance levels, I am very unforgiving and unwilling to compromise. I value alot of good habits and punctuality holds a supreme spot. One of my travel buddies has serious time management issues. She is regularly late to get her ass ready and out of the apartment in the mornings, and as a result 5 of us (including herself) are usually late. I am affected the most as I am the last one to reach office after fighting for a parking lot. Today was her unlucky day, I reached office only 3 mins past my official starting time, but she has pissed me off on too many days and so she received a warning:

Hi X,
I am unhappy with you being consistently late. I have been to office past 9am too often. From tomorrow onwards, I will give you the usual missed call 10 minutes before I arrive at your place, and if you are not downstairs, I will assume you are late and won't wait. I am sure you undertand that it is my responsibility to make sure everyone, including myself, gets to work on time.

She called back and was very apologetic and admitted it's her fault entirely. Not before having the nerve to say "I noticed your aura was unlike other days and you were very upset". SERIOUSLY WTF, you only noticed TODAY??? You SUCK at reading auras. Then she said, "Please don't drive off if I am not downstairs". Listen you *insert suitable noun here*, I am NOT going to waste any more phone credit of mine to call you to see if you are coming or not, and certainly NOT going to wait for you if I don't hear from you. Don't you get it? It is UNFAIR to the others and you are just being plain SELFISH. I suppose you don't get it, after all.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning to see what happens.... *evil grin*

On to better things to talk about. Recently, I put up a scanned copy of an old hand-written calendar on Facebook, that my paternal grandfather handed over it to me before he passed on. He was very clever and good with numbers (among other things), and this one paged calendar could be used for checking dates for all the years of the 21st century (to be verified for other years, but it works until 2028 for certain). I have no proof that he designed it on his own, and I won't go as far as to make an annoucement like that. I then tagged, all his children and grandchildren who were on Facebook. Seeing all the comments of these people, I realised what an impact he made on so many people. Also, we relatives are not too close or the type to keep in touch regularly, but it has been heart-warming to see how everyone is united under this common link "seeya" (meaning, grandfather in my native language) and openly expressing their admiration and respect for him on Facebook, several months after he passed on.

This brings me to an interesting thought. The video below says "Imagine what people will be saying at your funeral and if you don't like what you hear, go do something about your life", I am thinking, it should be rather what people will be saying about you LONG AFTER the funeral.

Youtube: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People





1 comment:

  1. She was late AGAIN. I didn't call to find out if she is coming or not, instead just drove off, to the shock of the others. Muahahaha. Revenge is sweet.

    ReplyDelete