Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Of resources

My phone rings and I take a look. "Asshole calling". Answer? Reject? my phone asks. I ignore.

Yes, that's what I've named him under my saved phone contacts!!! Brings a smile to my face each time he calls :D

I have a phone stalker/ nuisance caller. He gives me regular missed calls. Very few now, but a few weeks back, he was very persistent. I picked up the first call, not knowing who it is/ what it was about. He even managed to profess his intentions: "I want for you" (DUDE, if you ever want to attract a female, get your grammar right first. Chicks dig good English). Then, he kept calling till my sis threatened to "call the police". His calls reduced after that, and now, he gives me the occasional missed call at 12-ish in the night.

I also found out, because of a certain smart phone application which picks up people using this app AND being a saved contact on my phone, that his user name was "Ahmad". So the next time I face the unfortunate event of talking to this psychopath, I am going to call him by this name and see if he pees his pants. Worth a shot, anyway.

Apparently, my dad reads my facebook updates. My parents don't really know me like this blog does. As much as it is disturbing to know my dad sees my updates and judges me, I'm glad he gets to see a part of me that way. Damn, I got to be more careful now. No swear words. No sexual references. No racy comments. No revealing photos. I can do that. 

An example on how thought processes evolve as one ages (hypothetical scenes added for visual effect):

Stage 1:
What the hell is wrong with me? Why is everything I do wrong? (turns up the volume to max on her CD player and toys with the idea of accidentally drinking a few extra sleeping pills.)

Stage 2:
I am not assertive enough. People don't care about what I think. I'll never get ahead in life being like this. I am useless. (She comes home after a dreadful day in school, humiliated and frightened, throws herself on the bed and weeps.)

Stage 3
I am not very assertive. But that is MY inherent style. Sure, it is harder to get things done being like that. But I WILL find (quiet) ways of getting what I want. (She smiles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment