Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Name is Earl

You know how life screws over one person and rewards another at the same time? Every once in a while you have to be the sucker who got screwed.

Lately, the feeling of living in the inside of my head has been so overwhelming that I have been less mindful of what I am doing physically. So today after being entrusted with a huge cash bill, I was sent on a shopping errand. I don't remember much of the events that happened, but I lost this bill. Desperate attempts to find it were futile.

It took me exactly 1.5 hours to get over the shock, the disbelief, the anger and sadness of the loss and means of replacement; all thanks to an adorable picture of a cat loaf! Feelings of disappointment over the unexpected turn of events remain, but with acceptance of facts, it is easier to handle.

So that was the sucker's part of the story.

Let's see the lucky person's side of the story. This area was particularly crowded with foreign workers of the lower-income range. I hope the one who found this bill was someone who needed it badly. Although I can't be sure of who the recipient was, it is some consolation knowing that who ever took it, will make good use of it for their happiness.

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment