Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dragonflies

When life throws me a challenge, I lose interest. Then I hop onto the next leaf, hoping I'll find something interesting there that will keep me happy.

I think I have lost interest in my job. That is something to be concerned about because jobs are hard to come by these days. My company is on a staff cutting phase and already in the past few weeks, several employees were retrenched. Losing my current job would have serious implications on me. However, due the the nature of my responsibilities, I have a less probability of getting laid off, unless I perform poorly. Within a matter of months, I gradually stopped reporting regulary to my boss. This has to do with him not taking an active interest in doing my performance review at the end of my probation period of 6 months (Seriously Shu, GET OVER IT). Recently, I showed much enthusiasm over welfare activities, which included suggesting the company replace some of the freely available carbonated drinks with more healthier alternatives! That made him realise that I probably had too less work. So he informed me to report to him weekly on my work and introduced me to the beginning of gigantic project, to be undertaken on my own. The thought of the project itself made me queasy because I still have no idea on how to start it, let alone tackle it afterwards. For 2 days now, I have been stalling... waiting for inspiration to smite me.

To add to that, I have no peace after work. For the past 3 days, I was dragged out of the house on family and social committments. And somewhere during that time, I seem to have caught a flu bug.

I've been trying hard to hop onto a new leaf today: The Public Library. But rotten luck made their IT infrastructure fail so I was not successful gaining the membership during my lunch break.

Coffee helps me stay awake at work. Chewing lots of gum helps too.

Now, I am off to the noisy park full of screaming kids and their guardians, so junior can finally have an outing. Maybe some fresh air will do me some good and cure me of this blasted headache.

Shu badly needs some peaceful sleep and a ray of sunshine. Or maybe even a small shower of rain might cheer her up.


No comments:

Post a Comment