Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Y-E-A-H Man

I've have crawled my way out of a deep crevice I fell into a few weeks back, only to attempt blogging again. This year so far has certainly not been my year for writing. But today, I got a ray of inspiration, reading one of my old posts after sharing it with one of the people it was dedicated to.





I went to see Usher live in concert last night. Man, it was a disappointment. And if I were Usher, I'd kill myself if I heard that coming from a "fan". He performed many songs for nearly 2 hours, drenched with sweat as he juggled singing and dancing. It sure didn't seem easy and I'll give him that. But except for a couple songs that the crowds went wild over, the rest were slow and cheesy, and hardly tunes that can be danced-to. The after-concert wasn't so great either. I ended up with a company of a mostly wasted people, a couple of them jabbered way too much and I had to put up with listening. I stayed sober, with the wonderful excuse of being the designated driver. I came home, feeling awfully tired, and fell asleep rightway. Come morning time, I felt like shit. Missed my class and went back to sleep with a terrible headache. Waking up, I realised I was still wearing my contact lenses from last night which now felt like shattered glass pieces in my eyes. Joy.

The rest of the day went pretty well actually. I did a lot of housework (cooking, laundry, ironing 2 weeks worth of office clothes), I went for a class later in the day, I had a mini-outing at the beach and I had a decent conversation with my mother, All in all, it felt good to be back from the depressing cesspool of pettiness, jealousy and self pity I had been wallowing in.

Time for bed Shu, to rest those aching joints from the nasty after effects of outdoor concerts!




No comments:

Post a Comment