Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A New Delivery!



I went to see a new born baby today. My first impressions: it looked so tiny and fragile and dispropotionate. I didn't know what else I was supposed to think! I didn't feel my heart turn to mush like it does when I see baby animals. While in conversation with its mother, she describes her caesarean experience: it was better than my first. They gave a lot of pain killers and a local anaesthetic (injected to the lower spine) and I watched the whole operation. To me, this seemed like a development from traditional times. I mean, who doesn't want to take the path of least pain? Or pain distributed over a course of a week instead of that same raw pain felt over a short course of 5-10 hours? The healthcare system has brilliantly tapped into this market. Back in the olden days, child birth probably didn't cost a penny (might have cost a life, though). But now, a spohisticated child delivery as described above, costs nearly USD 6000.

The ICC Cricket World Cup is nearing it's finals. I'm thrilled the Aussies are out for good. Sure, they are a strong team, but those guys really have a rotten attitude. Plus, they've won too many times in the past. It's time for the tables to turn.

Seems like the English have lost their patents to the English Language. Seriously, I can understand many nationalities speak English better than I understand some of the English people's at work.

I just finished watching Karate Kid (the one with Will Smith's son) today, after 4 days of watching bits and pieces. It had its good moments,especially with Jackie Chan. But I thought the ending was rather lame. An African-American kid who trains possibly 3 months wins a tournament against all the Chinese kids who have probably been training for YEARS. I'm not buying it. Shu, when did you turn to such a cynic?!

This guy has a really sexy voice:
"Wonderful World" by James Morrison



Damn, I am coming down with a sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment